The importance of sleep cannot be underestimated, and when you are well-rested, you are at your best. To be successful, you must be able to keep up a good pace, especially in the workplace. Excelling in your career can be your path to a better future, one with more opportunities, higher pay, and a better quality of life. And to get there, one of the simplest things you can do is simply get a full night’s sleep. If you’re constantly wondering, “why am I so tired?”, the odds are that you aren’t getting enough.
How much sleep do adults need?
One of the most common questions on the topic of sleep is, “How much sleep do I need?” For adults, the magic number is between 6 and 8 hours. To maximize the benefits of sleep, you should be getting this amount on a consistent basis.
Here are the top 5 reasons that a full night’s sleep can equal major success in the workplace and beyond.
- You’ll have a more positive attitude. Being well-rested means that you’ll find yourself happier and more patient, able to tackle tasks with a smile on your face.
- You’ll work smarter instead of harder. Studies show that lack of sleep results in low levels of productivity, efficiency, and overall performance in the workplace. By resting up, you’ll maximize your ability to get work done quickly and correctly.
- You’ll have more patience. When you’re feeling well-rested and happy, you’ll have more patience for coworkers and customers, even when they’re difficult.
- You’ll be safer. Avoid workplace accidents (or even just serious errors) by not coming to work over exhausted.
- You’ll generally be perceived as more likable. A recent psychology journal study explained that people who get enough sleep are generally thought of as more friendly, engaging and charismatic. At work, that can be a huge leg up.
As you can see, the importance of a good night’s sleep cannot be understated. Being successful in your career depends on it, as does your overall quality of life.
Get Better Sleep in Glendale, AZ
It can be tough to sleep well if you have an old, uncomfortable mattress or low-quality pillows and sheets. Get everything you need to create the optimal sleep environment at MATTRESS360, your Valley sleep store.
With the lowest prices in Phoenix, we can help you find your best mattress, sheets, and pillows without breaking the bank. Visit MATTRESS360 today and take your first steps towards your best sleep ever – and career success.