As you probably already know, a good’s night sleep can make a big difference to your mood, health, and overall quality of life. If you aren’t sleeping well, even your everyday tasks can be a challenge, and you’ll find your focus, productivity, and attitude seriously affected.
Establishing a good sleep environment and developing good sleep habits can help you wake up rested, refreshed, and ready to tackle the day. Here are 10 of the best sleep tips to help you enjoy the best night’s sleep of your life, every night.
- Choose a mattress based on your needs. Depending on factors like your body type, height, and sleep style, there’s a specific mattress out there that’s the best fit for you.
- Use a high-quality, supportive pillow. Pillows are important for comfort as well as healthy spine and neck alignment, so be sure to choose yours carefully.
- If you can’t sleep, don’t constantly check the clock. If you’re up in the middle of the night, don’t stress yourself out by checking the clock over and over.
- Sleep at a comfortable temperature. Ideally, the room should be 68-72 degrees, and you should sleep with breathable sheets (like bamboo). A cooling mattress topper can also help keep you comfortable.
- Don’t eat rich or fatty foods in the evening. Indigestion can lead to sleep-disrupting discomfort.
- Avoid cheaply-made bedding accessories. Scratchy, uncomfortable sheets can keep you from sleeping soundly, so choose a set that feels good on your skin.
- Avoid caffeine in the afternoon and evening. Caffeine is a stimulant, and it can prevent you from falling asleep and sleeping soundly.
- Create a relaxing sleep environment. Ensure your room is well-darkened, using heavy curtains or even a sleep mask to block out the light.
- Replace your mattress regularly. Mattresses wear out in about 8-10 years, and a saggy mattress can prevent you from getting comfortable.
- Develop a routine. You should be heading to bed about the same time every night and wake up around the same time every morning.
If you’re interested in learning more about how you can improve your sleep health, click here for a helpful source. At MATTRESS 360, our team of professionals understands what it takes to create an optimal sleep environment, perfectly designed to provide you with high-quality sleep. At our showroom in Glendale, sleep is our priority – and with our range of excellent mattresses and sleep accessories, a good night’s sleep is within your reach. We invite you to visit our showroom to experience our top-notch inventory and competitive prices, and take the first step towards a happier, healthier, more rested you.