Being able to adjust the angle and position of your personal mattress may seem like something from a futuristic cartoon, but it’s actually a reality with a power adjustable bed. Hopefully, you haven’t had the misfortune of an overnight hospital stay, but if you have, you’ve probably slept on an adjustable mattress. Must like the high-tech hospital beds, the home version of a power-adjustable bed frame provides the option of raising sections of the bed for optimal comfort.
However, most power adjustable beds are infinitely more comfortable than any version you’ll find in the hospital, thanks to a combination of premium mattresses and sleep industry technology. Today, popular brands like Tempur-Pedic, Sealy, and Stearns & Foster all have players in the adjustable bed game. The trademark comfort and quality of these brands have been tapped to create some of the best adjustable beds money can buy.
The Benefits of a Power Adjustable Bed
Power adjustable beds are the bed of choice for most hospitals, and for a good reason. They can drastically improve the symptoms of many different medical conditions, simply by allowing you to make small adjustments to your sleeping position. Aside from being extremely comfortable, an adjustable bed also offers relief from many physical issues, including:
- Back pain: By redistributing and alleviating pressure, an adjustable mattress can eliminate back pain. Additionally, you can also use the settings on your bed to stretch out your back to improve strength and flexibility.
- Acid reflux & heartburn: These issues are caused by stomach acid traveling upward into the esophagus but positioning your bed to elevate your head can provide significant relief.
- Circulation problems: Diabetes is one of the most common conditions that is associated with poor circulation, especially in the legs. However, being able to elevate your legs while you sleep can significantly improve the issue.
- Asthma: Asthma can be a frustrating condition, and many people don’t realize that your bed choice can affect symptoms. A power-adjustable allows you to position your body in a way that takes pressure off the lungs. This can also have positive effects on sleep apnea sufferers.
In addition to the range of potential health benefits, power adjustables can also positively affect your overall lifestyle. Partners will appreciate that they can each choose separate comfortable positions, and you can enjoy your bed as a truly relaxing retreat. Plus, power adjustable beds can eliminate snoring, which is a big plus for everyone involved.
How to Choose an Adjustable Bed
Choosing an adjustable bed is a bit more intensive than purchasing a standard mattress, and it is a significant investment no matter what your budget. So, you want to be sure that you’re prepared with a smart approach that will ensure you find the best option for your needs. Here are a few tips for shopping for an adjustable bed:
- Stick with well-known, high-quality brands. Avoid the temptation to buy an adjustable bed from a cheap brand just to save a few bucks, because you’ll be cheating yourself out of a quality product. Instead, choose brands that you know and trust, with proven track records of designing highly-rated products. Top names include the Tempur Pedic adjustable bed and the Sealy Power Adjustable.
- Select your mattress first. There’s some flexibility when it comes to choosing a mattress to pair with an adjustable base, so consider your options carefully. Keep in mind that your sleep style plays a large part in choosing a good mattress.
- Test drive the bed. Make sure that you lay down in the beds you’re considering and play around with their settings and controls. This is the only way to know what features you like and can help you narrow down your options. You wouldn’t purchase a car without test driving it, and the same is true of a power-adjustable bed.
MATTRESS360: Your Trusted Source for Power Adjustables in Glendale, AZ
At MATTRESS360, if there’s one thing we know, it’s high-quality sleep necessities. Our expertise and inventory of premium products mean that you’ll easily find exactly what you need, and our low prices and flexible financing means that it will fit within your budget.
We offer a range of power adjustable beds from several well-respected brands, including Sealy, Tempur Pedic, Stearns & Foster, and BedTech. Every bed we carry has been carefully selected as the ultimate in quality, comfort, and excellent construction, and you won’t find any cheaply-made imitators in our stock.
We believe that everyone deserves to enjoy a good night’s sleep, and our team is more than happy to help you create an optimal sleep environment in your home. Visit MATTRESS360 or get a free online quote today to find out why we’re the Valley’s top choice for all their sleep needs.
Browse Our Selection of Adjustable Bed Bases Available in Glendale, AZ